Monday, February 28, 2011

Anonymous !!

How far can you really go to be anonymous, seriously this may strange in the world today that I have even brought this thing up, in a world today when people vie for attention all the time how hard are you really prepared to remain unknown, unnoticed ????
have you ever felt the joy that comes out of being a commoner, many of us have not, and most of us do not even know that such a joy exists too, but sorry to break the image but there does indeed exist a feeling of infinite joy from being normal, to put it more appropriately ""A COMMON MAN"".
I have come across an infinite number of people who can go on and on about how they are seemingly different from the other people around them and how uncommon they are, but cut the BS people, no matter how hard you try you will remain no different than that person beside you so you may as well accept the fact.
I have lived a normal life, grown up normally and made my share of mistakes, had my share of victories and everything that comes in between, and I do not see anything different that most of the so called different people have done in their life. I have always striven to be normal and in fact I can say that I have done pretty well at it too, I can talk normally i.e without mixing two languages into one , I can eat normal food i.e without cribbing about ORGANIC and all that BS (I cook too so I know what it takes so as long the food is edible, I eat it), I can behave normally without asserting my superiority on others, and other normal qualities that makes me some guy on the street, heck I even travel on the back seat of the car as long as it gets me to my destination without killing me or breaking my back without complain.
Has anyone told you this "" OH !!!!!!!!!! SO YOU ""TOO"" ARE MR. Y'S SON, I THOUGHT HE HAD ONLY ONE SON""  , well the one son they are apparently referring to happens to be my brother, the too was meant for me, that's the anonymous me !!!!!
Seriously, I'm really proud of myself, for other than the closest relatives, close family friends and my village folk, people actually do not know that I am my dad's son, and now after many encounters and hearing some or the other version of the sentence mentioned above I just give a simple smile when I hear that, but I guess I have done my job pretty well too.
Strange as some people may say, for it may may appear so that I'm not proud of being my father's son, and for the record I'm proud of that but I have never lived in his shadow, I have weathered the elements on my own and made myself who I am today, though he has a great part to play in it but I still am ME, and I like being myself, for I am the original me, and do not go around advertising myself to be his son so that people come to know me, in turn generating a misplaced sense of self importance.
I am just another boy on the street who minds his own business, goes around doing his own stuff and likes being that way, for I do not need someone else to acknowledge my presence, I want to leave my own mark on the world, do things my way and live my life on my own terms, I do not wish to be someone's son, I do not want to hide in the shade fearing for what may happen if and when I leave, I chose to move on without the shade and the cover for I always know I will forever have the shade to go back to.
I wish I do not have to go back to the shade and I am able to grow wide and big and offer my own shade to others who may need it, and I do not know what fate has in store for me but until the day comes I will continue to be just another face in the crowd, another person on the street, just someone who is himself
""THE ANONYMOUS ME""!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment